COT7000X - Leveraging Virtual Communication Platforms
In the first module of the Certificate in Online Teaching, Leveraging Virtual Communication Platforms, you will dispel the myths of best practices, gold standards, and silver bullet solutions to multimodal teaching, learning how to confidently choose the best mode of delivering thoughtful, conscientious teaching practices in multimodal classrooms.
Digital tools create learning opportunities. They are not better or worse than analog teaching tools, they simply possess their own strengths and weaknesses. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of online learning tools (as well as how to apply the tools themselves) will enhance your teacher's tool belt and allow you to deliver good teaching in any modality.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Apply Internet search skills to find answers to technical questions
- Use the basic terminology of online learning
- Use traditional online communication and tools effectively
- Interpret online learning from the perspective of the student learner
- Evaluate affordances & constraints of new educational technology for best fit
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
This is a self-paced course comprising 4 units of content and activities linked in the left navigation.
- This course will take approximately 10 hours of concentrated time on task to complete and it is recommended you complete a module each week during your program.
- It is recommended you complete the units in the order presented for the best learning experience. The course will be available to you for 6 months from your date of enrollment.
Estimated Time of Completion
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Online Teaching : Certificate in Online Teaching