COT7001X - The Digital Learning Environment
In the second course of the Certificate in Online Teaching, The Digital Learning Environment, you will explore the digital learning environment gaining an understanding of operating systems, computer skills, online collaboration, and cloud storage.
Create amazing online classrooms you and your students can love! Module 2 will help you better understand computer applications and how you can use them to your advantage in your online classroom. This better understanding will help you work more efficiently, bring diverse style and methods of teaching and learning into your classroom, and have more time to focus on what is more important - your students!
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Apply Internet search skills to find answers to technical questions
- Use the basic terminology of online learning
- Use traditional online communication and tools effectively
- Interpret online learning from the perspective of the student learner
- Evaluate affordances & constraints of new educational technology for best fit
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
This is a self-paced course comprising 4 units of content and activities linked in the left navigation.
- This course will take approximately 10 hours of concentrated time on task to complete and it is recommended you complete a course each week during your program.
- It is recommended you complete the units in the order presented for the best learning experience. The course will be available to you for 6 months from your date of enrollment.
Estimated Time of Completion
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Online Teaching : Certificate in Online Teaching