COT7006X - SEL Online: Leveraging Multimodal Space
In the seventh module of the Certificate in Online Teaching, SEL Online: Leveraging Multimodal Space, you will learn how to incorporate social emotional learning into the multimodal environment. Build an understanding of how to help students learn “soft skills” in a multimodal environment, while they learn their “hard skills”. Understanding how to differentiate instruction in a multimodal classroom to allow for student motivation through equity. This includes approaching the online teaching process through the lens of SEL (Social and Emotional Learning) components.
The following questions will be addressed in this module. Please keep these questions in mind as you proceed.
- How can instructors differentiate and individualize online instruction in multi-modal learning environments?
- How can instructors increase student motivation in the online environment?
- What makes successful online learners?
- How does the inclusion of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) components create a more equitable, diverse, and motivational learning space online?
Learn how to:
- Enhance multimodal student engagement and motivation
- Understand student interest and motivation to participate online
- Use design to enhance accessibility
- Differentiate online instruction to enhance equity
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Use the basic terminology of online learning
- Analyze traditional practices for adaptation into multimodal learning spaces
- Interpret online learning from the perspective of the student learner
- Evaluate affordances & constraints of new educational technology for best fit
There are no prerequisites.
This is a self-paced course comprising 4 units of content and activities linked in the left navigation.
- This course will take approximately 10 hours of concentrated time on task to complete and it is recommended you complete a course each week during your program.
- It is recommended you complete the units in the order presented for the best learning experience. The course will be available to you for 6 months from your date of enrollment.
Estimated Time of Completion
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Online Teaching : Certificate in Online Teaching