COT7009X - Create a Learning Object Web Page
In the final course of the Certificate in Online Teaching, Create a Learning Object Web Page, you will use the skills gained in the prior ten courses to create a learning web page to support your multimodal classroom. Explore how to transform your visual communication/presentation skills to be clear, concise, and compelling in the multimodal environment, learning to cross the digital divide. The big idea of this course is the practice of creating an online learning space through the setup of a platform where you can show off the learning objects you have created for your online students.Learn the criteria for effective online communications and how to:
- Cross the digital divide
- Build your online learning object to showcase your new multimodal teaching skills
- Assess outcomes in your learning object.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Apply Internet search skills to find answers to technical questions
- Use the basic terminology of online learning?
- Use traditional online communication and tools effectively
- Demonstrate sound & image manipulation for the purpose of crafting learning objects
- Demonstrate crafting targeted online assessments, engaging discussions & relevant assignments
- Apply productive e-practices for crafting rubrics, assessment and course design
- Analyze traditional practices for adaptation into multimodal learning spaces?
- Interpret online learning from the perspective of the student learner?
- Evaluate affordances & constraints of new educational technology for best fit?
- Create a website or course, using a template, to showcase synthesis of certificate concepts
There are no prerequisites.
This is a self-paced course comprising 4 units of content and activities linked in the left navigation.
- This course will take approximately 10 hours of concentrated time on task to complete and it is recommended you complete a course each week during your program.
- It is recommended you complete the units in the order presented for the best learning experience. The course will be available to you for 6 months from your date of enrollment.
Estimated Time of Completion
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Online Teaching : Certificate in Online Teaching