Remote work settings create new opportunities and unique challenges for team members. While virtual environments allow for greater flexibility, team-oriented activities can get lost. The collaboration, creativity, and teamwork that seems to flow naturally in an in-person setting can often feel stilted in a virtual environment. This course examines the pros and cons of remote teamwork and provides strategies for overcoming challenges and promoting team success. Other topics include communication best practices, handling conflict, and goal setting.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Fast Company ($19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Fast Company publishes 8 issues a year.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe remote work and its advantages and disadvantages
- Identify methods for optimizing team performance
- Manage conflicts between virtual employees
- Summarize the ideal traits of a virtual team member
- Implement best communication practices in a virtual environment
- Apply goal-setting techniques in a virtual workplace
- Effectively onboard new remote team members, assign roles, and provide feedback
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Fast Company: Collaborating for Success : Fast Company: Collaborating for Success