You are not alone if your palms get a little sweaty when you have to speak in front of others. Whether delivering a speech in front of a large audience of professionals or having a direct conversation with one or two friends or coworkers, public speaking is one of the most common anxiety-inducing experiences. Our stress and nerves can impede our ability to deliver a clear message. "Speak with Confidence" will teach you to define and understand speaking anxiety. By understanding the typical causes of speaking anxiety and learning real-world relaxation and confidence-boosting techniques, you will learn practical ways to tackle and overcome your public speaking fears.
- Define speaking anxiety
- Identify the common signs and symptoms of speaking anxiety
- Explain the typical causes of speaking anxiety
- Discuss the role of self-confidence in combatting speaking anxiety
- Practice confidence building strategies
- Explain and demonstrate relaxation techniques, such as equalized breathing, tension release, and visualization
- Consider how to manage anxiety in one-on-one and small group interactions
- Identify tips and tools for handling anxiety when delivering a speech in front of a large audience
|Badge and credit-awarding
|Games & Flashcards
|Real-world case studies
|Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.