Business leaders, managers, and staff at all levels of an organization will face decisions in their pursuit of moving the business forward—however, some decisions may be easier to navigate than others. When faced with a situation where no clear answer rings out, how do you decide on the best course of action? This course introduces learners to the principles and processes involved in making ethical decisions—that is, making decisions that are based on close examination of different ethical frameworks, the notion of right and wrong, and moral standards. This course pays special attention to situations within the realm of human resources, where upholding an ethical approach to decision making is crucial.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the process of making moral decisions
- Compare moral versus nonmoral standards
- Define and construct strong moral arguments
- Describe various models for ethical decision making
- Identify the fundamental ethical principles that guide our decision making
- Consider the origins of our moral principles
- Discuss the concepts of groupthink and diffusion of responsibility
- Apply ethical principles to employee relations scenarios
- Real-world case studies
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- HRCI: HR Ethics Certificate : HRCI: HR Ethics Certificate