Successful businesses and organizations rely on workers to perform daily tasks and to keep things running smoothly. Regardless of size, mission, or product, all organizations must determine which roles and responsibilities are necessary to meet business needs. Human resources professionals play a key role in helping organizations assess the number of workers needed, the duties and responsibilities associated with specific roles, and whether or not to hire employees or independent contractors to perform specific tasks. This course provides HR professionals with an overview of different employee classification types, important regulations related to employee classification, and action steps for maintaining compliance.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain why employee classification is important for businesses and organizations to consider
- Describe potential consequences of misclassification
- Define common terms related to employee classification
- Identify key differences between employees and independent contractors
- Name the basic regulations outlined in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Determine whether an employee would classify as exempt or nonexempt under the FLSA
- Understand key elements of maintaining employee classification compliance
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- HRCI: HR Hot Topics Bundle : HRCI: HR Hot Topics Bundle