MDX1604 - Hiring, Managing, and Developing Talent
This completely online and self-paced one-module course utilizes Inc. Magazine's prize-winning editorial content to introduce basic concepts of human resources management, including recruiting; onboarding; talent development; and company culture. The focus is on providing practical, hands-on advice to entrepreneurs and small-business people, including video segments with analysis and commentary from industry-leading practitioners and subject matter experts. The course also offers real-world examples, how-to lists and advice, interactive games, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Inc. Magazine ($19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Inc. Magazine publishes 6 issues a year.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Decide which Human Resources functions you should outsource
- Decide what kind of help you need—employee or contractor?
- Write a job description
- Recruit job candidates online
- Set up a compensation plan aligned with your strategic goals
- Develop a system for onboarding new employees
- Decide what types of education and training will strengthen your company's performance
- Give feedback and evaluate employee performance
- Build a strong company culture
- Identify star employees with the potential for leadership
- Mentor rising star talent
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Inc. Magazine: Building a Fast-Growing Business : Inc. Magazine: Building a Fast-Growing Business
- Inc. Magazine: Building HR for Growth : Inc. Magazine: Building HR for Growth