This completely online and self-paced one-module course utilizes Inc. Magazine's prize-winning editorial content to introduce basic concepts of business leadership, including communication and motivation; leading teams; leading virtual workers; and leading during times of change. The focus is on providing practical, hands-on advice to entrepreneurs and small-business people, including video segments with analysis and commentary from industry-leading practitioners and subject matter experts. The course also offers real-world examples, how-to lists and advice, interactive games, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Inc. Magazine ($19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Inc. Magazine publishes 6 issues a year.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain what makes a good business leader
- Distinguish between different leadership styles, and explain the advantages of each
- Explain the importance of communication in successful leadership
- Distinguish between leadership and formal authority
- Lead teams effectively
- Recognize the importance of leadership in managing organizational change
- Outline a strategy for leading virtual workers
- Strengthen your own leadership skills
- Identify employees with leadership potential
- Groom employees for future leadership roles
- Articulate the need for succession planning
- Explain the role of leadership in shaping an organization's culture
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Inc. Magazine: Building a Fast-Growing Business : Inc. Magazine: Building a Fast-Growing Business