If you're a manager or supervisor, you have probably been faced with a difficult conversation with a direct report. Not only do these conversations require sensitivity, delicacy, and in all likelihood, confidentiality, but how the conversation is handled can greatly impact the outcome. This course seeks to prepare learners to better handle awkward and difficult discussions with employees. Many difficult conversations can impact employee productivity, but as the manager or supervisor, you can learn to coach and counsel employees to create a calmer work environment and increase staff retention and productivity in the process.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe a six-step model for handling difficult conversations with employees
- Address the 10 common difficult discussions:
- Inappropriate Behavior in the Workplace
- Feedback on Poor Performance
- Conflict with Other Employee/Coworker Complaints
- Workspace Cleanliness
- Customer Complaint (About Employee)
- Public Insubordination
- Violation of Company Policy
- Dress Code Issues
- Apply practical tips for handling conversations about difficult behaviors
- Outline best practices for handling difficult conversations
- Apply best practices to workplace scenarios involving difficult conversations
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Real-world scenarios
- Audio-enabled in app
- Video content
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- HRCI: Certificate in Managing Change and Resolving Conflict : HRCI: Certificate in Managing Change and Resolving Conflict
- Management Skills (ACE CREDIT) : Management Skills (ACE CREDIT)