MDX1645 - Finance 101 for Entrepreneurs
This completely online and self-paced one-module course utilizes Inc. Magazine's prize-winning editorial content to introduce basic concepts of finance, including startup financing; pricing; cash flow; and financial ratios. The focus is on providing practical, hands-on advice to entrepreneurs and small-business people, including video segments with analysis and commentary from industry-leading practitioners and subject matter experts. The course also offers real-world examples, how-to lists and advice, interactive games, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Inc. Magazine ($19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Inc. Magazine publishes 6 issues a year.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Articulate the key principles of financial management
- Read and understand a financial statement
- Distinguish between the most common types of startup financing
- Explain the difference between fixed and variable costs
- Devise a pricing strategy for your company's product or service
- Use cash budgeting to anticipate possible cash-flow problems
- Identify the most important financial ratios, and explain the significance of each
- Articulate strategies for maintaining a positive cash flow
- Perform a break-even analysis and explain its importance to your strategic planning
- Discuss budgeting approaches that can be taken during an economic downturn
- Explain the factors and metrics that should be taken into account when evaluating a possible acquisition
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Inc. Magazine: Building a Fast-Growing Business : Inc. Magazine: Building a Fast-Growing Business
- Inc. Magazine: Building Financial Literacy : Inc. Magazine: Building Financial Literacy