MDX337 - Employee Selection
Hiring the right staff for the job can be make or break. In this introductory-level course, you will learn about the process of selecting the best candidate from a large, diverse pool of high-quality applicants. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, the course discusses how to conduct an effective job interview, asking questions that elicit relevant information, and avoiding questions that might be seen as discriminatory. You will also consider how to discover more about a candidate through the use of reference checks, background checks, and testing. Earn SHRM and HRCI credit as you develop your understanding of this critical human resources element.
- Describe various techniques for forecasting workforce needs
- Explain how to perform a job analysis
- Describe approaches to job design and redesign
- Identify various ways to engage in both internal and external recruitment
- Identify staffing practices that are alternatives to full-time employment
- Describe methods of evaluating prospective employees
- Describe types of interviews and when each is appropriate
- Explain the role of orientation and onboarding when making a new hire
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- HR Management (ACE CREDIT) : HR Management (ACE CREDIT)
- Certificate in Human Resource Management : Certificate in Human Resource Management