MDX340 - Talent Management and Career Development
Drawing on material from Harvard Business School professor D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, this introductory-level course covers the challenges and issues that organizations face in developing and retaining their employees.
- Understand and effectively communicate the value of a career development program
- Describe the five stages in the career life cycle (Beginning, Developing, Mid-Career, Mastery and Maintenance, Retirement), and the needs an employee has at each stage of the cycle
- Outline the tools for career development (training, education, job rotation, transfers, overseas assignments, mentoring, networking, volunteer work, formal career planning)
- Understand the issues HR departments face with career management
- Evaluate employee skill gaps as part of a training needs analysis
- Understand the various types of job training and the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Understand the circumstances that call for managerial coaching and apply it effectively
- Apply knowledge of leadership styles and management techniques to leadership development
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- HR Management (ACE CREDIT) : HR Management (ACE CREDIT)
- Certificate in Human Resource Management : Certificate in Human Resource Management