MDX1912 - Troubleshooting Your Writing
Writing is central to our personal and professional lives. Errors in writing can derail a job application, miscommunicate a plan, and confuse our audience in many ways. This course will guide you through the writing process, from brainstorming the content to polishing the final draft. Along the way, you'll be given tips for how to speed up the writing process and ensure that you send out error-free writing. Topics include time management, structure, crafting complex and clear sentences, and troubleshooting common grammar errors.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify effective strategies for revision
- Describe the importance of structure in writing
- Identify key structural components of effective writing
- Understand the importance of specificity in writing
- Write well-organized paragraphs
- Identify unnecessary words and phrases
- Revise choppy sentences into complex sentences
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Copyediting : Certificate in Copyediting