When you're hoping to breathe new life into your yard, the idea of nurturing a flourishing garden sounds like a great new hobby. But, when you only have a small outdoor area to work with, it can be a high-stakes endeavor. This course will guide you through the basics of garden design, plant selection, planting, maintaining your garden, and troubleshooting so that you can experience success and enjoy the natural environment you have created. Whether you're hoping to eat out of your garden or just enjoy the view, this course can help you get the most out of your small space.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize the function and importance of soil on plant growth
- Recognize the importance of choosing the right plant for your environment
- Differentiate among soil types
- Identify best practices for watering, mulching, and growing plants from seeds
- Recognize the importance of plants' light needs
- Explain design principles for small spaces and containers
- Explain the elements of square foot gardening
- Understand categories of plants and their role in garden design
- Explain how to successfully maintain a garden
- Know how to troubleshoot common gardening issues
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.