In an everchanging learning landscape it’s essential to keep your teaching skills robust, current, and flexible. Empowering you to create blended instruction in traditional classroom or online environments, completing this certificate will help you feel more confident and competent when applying multi-modal learning strategies to your unique learners — all culminating in the creation of an online teaching portfolio.
These modules are intended to help all K12 teachers learn to transition to online teaching, adapting to online or multi-modal (online and traditional) classrooms. In addition, teacher’s aides and others who may need to design online courses will benefit from the content. This professional development certificate does not lead toward teaching certification, licensure, or credentialing.
The professional development Certificate in Online Teaching is a ten-module online certificate that can provide prior learning credit for the Master of Arts in Education (MAE) and is designed to provide you with practical skills to create engaging online courses. You will build your skills in multi-modal teaching to enhance the classroom experience with multimedia, videos, and asynchronous assessment. Upon completion, you’ll have a deep understanding of the online learner’s perspective and therefore be capable of building a strong online classroom.
Teachers can earn one continuing education units for each course in the program, earning up to ten total continuing education units. Students who complete the entire professional development Certificate in Online Teaching and are interested in earning a Master of Arts in Education (MAE) can speak with their advisor about waiving program requirements through prior learning.
- Module 1: Leveraging Virtual Communication Platforms
- Module 2: The Digital Learning Environment
- Module 3: Introduction to Editing Still Images for use in Learning Objects
- Module 4: Introduction to Editing Sound and Video for use in Learning Objects
- Module 5: Criteria for Evaluating Educational Technology
- Module 6: Adapting Traditional Classroom Management Strategies to Multimodal Spaces
- Module 7: SEL Online: Leveraging Multimodal Space
- Module 8: Designing Online Learning Environments
- Module 9: Assessing Learning in a Multimodal Environment
- Module 10: Create a Learning Object Web Page
Individual Module Cost: $150
Complete Professional Development Certificate: $1,250 ($250 savings!)